I was nominated by the amazing Susanne Valenti–another lovely blogger you should all check out–for The Lovely Blogger Awards. Thanks Susanne! You’re an absolute sweetheart ❤
The rules for the award are as below:
- Display the awrd
- Follow the lovely person who nominated you
- Nominate 15 other lovely bloggers and let them know
- Add 7 facts about yourself
- Mention the rules!
So below are the seven facts about me. I’m gonna tell you a few things most people don’t know about me, and a few misconceptions people have about me.
Four Facts Most People Don’t Know About Me:
- I am a serious morning person. I usually get up at 4:30 or 5:30 am and start my day. If I don’t, my entire routine gets messed up. That brings me to the second fact.
- I am not OCD, but I have a tendency to make very long to-do lists. They are long because I not only write the things I need to get done, but also the things I plan to do during my free time and how much time I would spend doing it.
- I am secretly obsessed with Mother Nature. Its the simplest thing that makes me happy. If I am feeling sad, I look outside and watch the clouds/the trees/the sunshine–absolutely every thing in nature can put a smile on my face.
- I don’t have a favorite color. People assume my favorite color is light blue, cause I wear it often, but that’s only because I like wearing light blues, greens and pinks during summer (and its almost always summer throughout the year where I live), bright eye-catching colors like hot pink, red, or violet in winters and orange and yellow on rainy days.
Three Misconceptions People Have About Me:
- I am a good student. I am not, I swear. I don’t have a modest bone is my body, but I am honest and I will tell you honestly that I’m very stupid and slow–I just work hard, and sometimes, even that’s not enough.
- I wear a hijab, so I must be very religious and a very good, decent girl. I hate it when people say this! This is one of the worst stereotypes ever! I don’t wear a hijab cause I’m a good, decent girl–I wear it cause it’s a way of showing respect to the body that Allah gave me. That’s it. And wearing a scarf around my head and neck doesn’t automatically earn me a goody-two-shoes badge or set me apart for being religious–I’m still learning about Islam, I’m still reading the Quran, I still miss my prayers every now and then, and while I do believe in a higher power I’m also a person of science and I am not afraid to switch to being atheist if I find anything illogical/unreasonable/unethical in my religion. As it happens, I haven’t come across anything like that yet.
- I rarely wear makeup, so I must prefer being simple. Honestly? I’m just lazy, and not as girly as a nineteen-year-old girl should be. I do like makeup, I like wearing it because it enhances my features, but I’m too lazy to practice doing it (it doesn’t come to naturally as it does with most people).
So there you go, seven facts about me that most people don’t know. Now for the nominations. This is the easy part.
Check them out if you haven’t already! These are some awesome people!